Snack time and cheat day

By Unknown - October 08, 2014



Most people have a cheat day, either once in a month or once a week or everyday. We all have our little weaknesses coming to food. Those who know me quite well know that I have trouble resisting the temptation of a raspberry macaron. However, I am not giving you the recipe here today. Instead, I am giving you two recipes, one that I made for my week day snacks, that is vegan, gluten free, sugar free and so on, and one that I created for my cousin who loves lemon.



The first recipe is made of apples and banana. I love eating fruits because they give me the energy that I need and feel like a treat to me. If you have a very good fruit, it’s likely to fill your sweet tooth without having to feel any guilty. Snacks with fruits in them are thus a favorite of mine. Of course, if there is chocolate, I might hardly resist the temptation, let alone fruits + chocolate (like my Swedish chocolate biscuits with blueberry filling).



The second recipe is inspired from Sprits cookies. They are very famous here in France. I’ll try to come up with a healthier and delicious alternative soon. I want to give you this recipe anyways because these cookies are still gluten free and are a perfect cheat day treat ;-) Everyone on my family loves them so feel free to try them at home and to change the ingredients to create your own!



Bon appétit and happy cheat day!

Vegan banana and oat cookies

Makes 15 cookies

1 Ripe banana
Nut milk
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup GF muesli
Raisins to taste
1/2 apple, thinly sliced

Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C).

Combine corn starch, muesli and oat flour in a mixing bowl. 

Mash the banana ans add it to the dry ingredients. Add as much nut milk as needed in order to get a homogeneous and non sticky dough. 

Add the raisins to the dough. 

Spread it evenly and lay apple slices on half of the surface. Fold dough and lay the remaining apple slices on top of dough. 

Use knife to cut cookies and lay them on a baking trail lined with parchment paper. 

Cook for 15 minutes and let cool before eating. 



Lemon and coconut “Sprits”

Makes about 30 small cookies.

Cookies:

-        50 g shredded coconut
-        50 g brown sugar
-        2 egg yolks
-        70 g spelt flour or rice flour if you want GF cookies
-        Juice and zest of half a lemon
-        1 ts vanilla excerpt


Frosting:

-        4 TbS powdered sugar
-        1 TbS lemon juice

Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C).

Combine together coconut, sugar and flour in a mixing bowl.
Combine egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla excerpt and butter in another bowl.
Poor liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until dough is homogeneous.

Let rest in fridge for 1 hour.

Transfer dough into a pastry bag and lay small cookies on a baking trail lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops become gold. Let cool.

Prepare the frosting.

Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice. If the frosting is too liquid, add more sugar. If it’s too dry, add more juice.


Dip cookies top in frosting and let rest in the fridge until frosting has hardened.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments