Back to school!

By Unknown - September 07, 2014



Tomorrow, I am going to do what every student does: I am going back to school. This means, probably less time for pictures and cooking. But, today, I wanted to write this quick post to give you a quick recipe that I made myself yesterday morning. This recipe requires a juicer however, since it involves a juice.

It's a beetroot juice. I am not a great fan of beetroot. But in this juice, it's different. Actually, it's more a fruit cocktail than a juice. I don't really know how to call it. Let's just call it a back to school drink. It's healthy, sugar free and has a beautiful dark pink color which made my sister's heart melt.

It's a great way of having your 5 fruits and vegetables a day and you get to keep all the vitamins and benefits of the fruits.



It's quite simple actually, all you need to do is to put 5 small beetroots in your juicer. You don't even need to peel them. I recommend using organic beetroots if you can. Once you have your beetroot juice (it gave me about half a cup), press some oranges so that you get another 150 to 200 mL juice. You might use bottled orange juice but you will lose some of the vitamins and minerals. Combine the juices and add some coconut milk. I added about 4 TbS but you can add more or less.

Drink without waiting! The more you wait, the less vitamins and minerals you get!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments