Back to school food - post #1

By Unknown - September 11, 2014


 


Since I have to build a portfolio for StockFood, I have to cook and shoot everyday. Since I have come back to school, my timetable has not been overbooked. I have a lot of time to cook and shoot and even work on the future design of my website. 

Since it's September and that a lot of blogger are posting some ideas for back to school food, I decided to post mine as well. In this first post, I will be giving you the recipe of a granola that I baked on my Mom's birthday. I served it with a plate of tropical fruits but you might serve it with whatever you like. This granola has a strong taste of vanilla since it's purpose was to make the person who eats it travel to an island. I think it's great food to comfort you when the days are gray or when you feel a bit down and lack energy. 

This granola is gluten free, vegan friendly, sugar free and fat free. It's very crunchy and tastes even better when you add in some roasted banana slices. 



Makes about 600 g 

- 1 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup puffed rice
- 1 vanilla bean, grated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 or 2 TbS honey (optional)
- 1 or 2 bananas, sliced (optional)

1. Preheat you oven at 300°F (150°C).

2. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, rice, sunflower seeds and coconut flour.

3. In a bowl, combine honey, orange juice and vanilla.

4. Poor the wet ingredients into the dried ones. Mix well and spread evenly on a baking trail lined with parchment paper. 

5. Cook until your your granola becomes golden and let it cool (between 40 and 60 min). Don't worry if the granola isn't crispy when you get it out of the oven, it will harden when cooling down. Store in an airtight container for a month. 

6. You can roast the banana in your oven for about 50 minutes and let it cool as well. Mix the banana pieces together with the granola. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments