Rehab the pastas for Valentine’s day

By Unknown - February 13, 2014


So on Friday, it’s the big night, isn’t it? I never had the chance yet to celebrate Valentine’s day with someone but every year I always imagine what the perfect Valentine’s day diner would be, what kind of flower I would like to get if I had a Valentine and what kind of diner I would cook for him.

This year, since I have a blog where I can create, I had a good reason to come up with a Valentine diner or at least, with a Valentine appetizer. It’s an opening for imagination and I hope it’s a good start for you. I hope my salmon ravioli inspires you for this special day. Between France and Japan, that is where I chose to lose myself just the time of a night…

This appetizer is for 2 or 3 people depending on your appetite. It is made of salmon ravioli with orange juice glazed beetroot. I’ll give you the recipe for the salmon ravioli.



Pasta dough :

-        300 g wheat flour
-        3 egg yolks
-        80 mL water
-        20 mL olive oil

Mix all the ingredients together: put the flour in a bowl, dig a well and add in all the liquid ingredients. Mix them together starting from the center and adding the flour on the sides little by little. The dough must not be sticky. If it is, add some flour. It’s better to add a little too much water in the beginning and then to add flour than to add too much flour. It is always herder to add water when the dough is too dry.

Wrap your dough and let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.

When your dough is ready to be shaped, use a pasta maker to make thin layers of dough.

Salmon filling :

-        150 g fresh salmon
-        100 g fresh horseradish
-        Parsley to taste
-        Salt to taste
-        3 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce (I like to use the Kikkoman one)
-        1 tablespoon olive oil
-        2 large tablespoons ricotta cheese

Shred the horseradish and cut the salmon in small squares. Chop the parsley in thin layers.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When it is hot enough, throw in the salmon, the horseradish and the parsley. Cook it until you can make tiny crumbs with the salmon and until all the liquids has left the frying pan. Add the soy sauce and eventually, salt. Add the ricotta cheese and mix the preparation. Let it cool down a bit.



Ravioli making:

Using a knife, cut large squares in the dough layers. Humidify half them with a brush and add a large teaspoon of your preparation in the center the humidified squares. Cover each oh-f them with the remaining squares and get rid of the air around the filing with your fingers. Press the squares together and give your raviolis the shape you want to using a pastry cutter.


Boil some salted water and cook the raviolis for 1 or two minutes. Eat them right away!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments