Oh! My Pim's!

By Unknown - October 05, 2013


This is it. Fall has arrived and with it, the grey skies. Rain is pouring and the wind is announcing winter. But the beautiful red and yellow leaves falling on the ground or flying across the streets of my hometown make it beautiful to watch. Definitely, I love fall, even though it's not as beautiful as it is in America, especially on the East coast. 



But, still, it's beautiful. And appeasing. After the back to school rush and stress, it feels good to have this cold weather to keep us home a bit. I like studying in front of my window and listening to the wind blowing outside. It feels good to drink a hot cup of tea or chocolate while working on a school paper. 



Even though I'm more and more busy, I still try to keep a little time to cook and shoot. Last week, I cooked a very french "hâchis parmentier" with homemade mashed potatoes. It was just delicious and felt so good on a cold sunday. However, I shouldn't forget to talk about the beautiful days fall offers us. Indeed, french fall is not all about rain, sadness and cold weather. It's also about surprising hot days. On these days, the sun is shinning bright and the paths which were wet yesterday dry on the next day. In the meantime, they reflect the stunning hot colours of the season. Fall is the season when you can cook according to your wish : either you choose a cold or a hot dish, chances that it doesn't fit the daily weather are slim.

The rooster of the Parc de Procé in Nantes



So in the end, I wanted to share with you my recipe of french Pim's. These little cakes are easy as pie to cook and yet, delicious. In France, we often buy them and you can find many flavours: orange, raspberry, cherry… My aunt buys some every week. But one week, she forgot to buy some. And my cousin was quite disappointed. So I decided to try to bake some. I chose to stuff them with apricot jam but whichever jam you choose, it will be good. It's all a question of taste. 





But I won't let you wait any longer dear reader. Here is the recipe of the french Pim's.


For the spongecake: 
5.3 ounces flour
5.3 ounces sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder

Stuffing:
Jam (homemade if possible)

Topping:
Dark Chocolate

Preheat the oven at 350 °F (or 180 °C).

Lubricate and flour a springform pan.

Separate the eggs. Keep the egg yolks in a bowl and pour the egg whites in a  mixing bowl. 

Use a whisk to whip up the egg whites. Once they are firm, whisk in the sugar. Don't stop whisking and add the egg yolks to the dough and then the flour and the baking powder. Keep whisking for a few more minutes.

Pour the spongecake dough in the springform pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. 

Once the spongecake is ready, remove it form the tin and let it cool on a baking grill. 

Cut some small circles in the spongecakes. 

In a saucepan, heat the dark chocolate with a bit of milk. Stir it until it has completely melted.


Spread some jam on top of the circles and cover them with dark chocolate. Set the Pim's in the fridge until the chocolate becomes a bit hard and crunchy.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments