Enjoying the early days of summer with a Gazpacho

By Unknown - June 04, 2014




Time has come for us to say good by to Spring. Now that I'm back in Southern France, I can celebrate the arrival of summer. Already, the sun is shining all day long and the first summer storm are coming. We celebrated my parents' wedding anniversary last week-end. I surprised them with a diner that I had cooked and a table that I had decorated for the occasion.



My sister and I stayed appart in my room, enjoying a few snacks that we had made together so that my parents could be with one another. They were both pleased to enjoy the meal and wished they had room to eat more of each dishes.

There were five dishes from the apetizer to the desert. I want to give you today the recipe of my apetizer, a carrot gazpacho with coppa chips and gluten free breadsticks. I chose a gazpacho because it's a fresh and light dish. I think a small cup of Gazpacho is perfect to begin a diner. The garlic flavour wakes your tastes buds and gets them ready for the other dishes.



Here is my recipe.

Serves 4:

- 4 carrots
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1large shallot
- 1large slice of gluten free stale bread
- Mixed herbs (I used rosemary, parsley, oregano, basil and sage)
- Salt and pepper to taste

Peel and cut the carrots in tiny pieces. Do as well with the shallot.

In a large saucepan, bring some water to a boil. Add in the carrots, shallots and mixed herbs, except the basil. When the carrots are tender, remove the saucepan from heat and drain the carrots and shallots.

Peel the tomatoes, the cucumber and the garlic clove. Cut them and put them in a blender. Add in the carrots, basil and shallots. Blend it all together. Add the stale bread, some salt and some pepper to your taste. Blend again and add some water if you want your gazpacho to be more liquid.

For the coppa chips, simply preheat your oven to 140°C (280°F). Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking trail. Lay some coppa slices on the baking trail. Cover them with parchment paper and another baking trail. Put them in the oven for approximately 45 minutes. Then, let them cool on some kitchen roll.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments